Sutter Securities, Inc. is a full-service investment banking firm headquartered in San Francisco. The firm was formed in 1992 by senior investment bankers formerly with Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc. and PaineWebber Incorporated. Our senior bankers are dedicated to providing professional assistance to our clients in the areas of public finance, private placements, financial advisory services, securities trading, litigation support, business valuations, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate restructurings.
We believe the experience of our principals strategically positions Sutter in our industry.
The diversity of our investment banking expertise shows our wide breath of expertise.
All assignments are personally handled by senior executives.
The Mills Building is a San Francisco landmark with singular historical, architectural and aesthetic interest. The Building was commissioned by Darius Ogden Mills, one of San Francisco’s early tycoons.
In 1864, Mills moved to San Francisco and commissioned his building in 1891 and chose what was, in its time, a revolutionary style of architecture. Burnham and Root of Chicago designed the 154-foot, steel frame skyscraper. The Mills Building is San Francisco’s only remaining example of this Chicago School of architecture, outlasting the old Chronicle Building at Market and Kearny, which has been entirely modified, and the Crocker Building at Post and Kearny, which was torn down in 1967.
The Mills Building survived the 1906 earthquake, although its interior was virtually gutted by the ensuing fire. Architect Willis Polk oversaw the building’s restoration in 1907, adhering to its original design. Additions made in 1914 and 1918 also maintained the building’s stylistic integrity. The last addition, the 22-story Mills Tower, was completed in 1932. Sutter Securities moved into the Mills Tower in 2009.
The first two stories of The Mills Building are constructed of white Inyo marble from Keeler, California. The Building’s most distinctive feature is its Montgomery Street entrance arch, which typifies the Richardson-Romanesque style. Its carved acanthus leaf and egg-and-dart molding frames four pairs of marble Corinthian columns.
Only minor restoration after the 1906 earthquake and fire were needed for the curved staircases in the Montgomery Street lobby. The staircase is still at the original Jaune Fleuri marble. The lobby interior also features black Belgian marble and lavish Roman travertine with an inlaid marble floor pattern which was added during a renovation of both lobbies in 1988.